Thursday, November 1, 2007

Its over!!

Its finally over! No more project work ever!

I've been thinking. Am i really going to get a job doing just videography? What are my prospects? Is the market getting too saturated? The wedding videography market is getting kind of saturated from what i see. People are trying to make themselves more attractive by tying up professional photographers to provide a complete suit package.

What can I do? What happens if i run out of creativity? It doesn't arise as a problem to me now, but what happens when i reach 40 years old? Surely i cannot depend on creativity alone. But i see people around who worked in Mediacorp for a years and come out and set up their own production houses. DXN.net is a good example.

To start off, i need to train myself in working with Final Cut Pro. But i need a mac. It's the industry standard currently. If i keep sticking to Premiere Pro, i'll most likely be limited to the wedding videography and corporate market. I need the experience of industry broadcasts.

Very simply, I need money luh. So for now, I'll build up my portfolio first.

Coming up in production is another short film for SVA this year. They renamed it Singapore Digital Media Awards this year. Apparently they're accepting flash entries or other digital pieces this time. Since project work is over, i have to start planning my production schedule now.

And thanks for coming up with the pink diary thing ar. Haha. It feels like a good way to introduce the character but i still have to finalize the story.

I need to hold an audition!!

No comments: